May 12 - May 18: Their Physical and Emotional Health
(Mark 6:31, 1 Chronicles 16:11, Nehemiah 8:10)
Pray that they can truly rest this month. Pray for rest physically, emotionally, and mentally. Pray that balance would be restored in these areas.
Pray that the Lord give them physical health and strength to fully enjoy this time of rest and restoration. Pray healing over any illnesses.
Pray that the Lord would fill their hearts with the joy of the Lord as their strength.
Pray that Pastor Jonathan and Jennifer will be able to “unplug” from any burdens or distractions and experience true peace, even during the early days of this sabbatical.
Pray that Whitley and Elise will leave behind the stresses of the school year and enter their summer with peace and anticipation.
May 19 - May 25: Their Family’s Health
- Pray for Pastor Jonathan as the head of his household, that he would receive strength and wisdom from the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for protection over their marriage and true fulfillment in Pastor Jonathan and Jennifer’s marriage. Pray for their time together to be restorative and renewing.
- Pray for Pastor Jonathan and Jennifer as they parent Whitley and Elise. Pray that the pressures of the ministry will not discourage or embitter them. Pray that they will provide godly leadership in their family, not based on fear of what others will think, but according to scriptural truth.
- Pray for Whitley and Elise that they may deepen their walks with the Lord, free from the pressure of expectations from church members, and that they will grow in their own identities in Christ.
- Statistically, pastors and their families are a very lonely group lacking true, meaningful personal relationships that allow them to be authentic and vulnerable. Pray that each of them have strong, Godly friendships that are deep, sincere, healthy, and fulfilling.
May 26 - June 1: Their Spiritual Health
(Psalm 127:3-5, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, Mark 10:9)
- Pray against the attack of the enemy that pastors and their families often experience behind the scenes.
- Pray that they find refreshing from the scripture as they have the unique opportunity this month to devote time to the reading of the Word for personal growth without the added responsibility of preparing sermons and lessons.
- Pray that each member of the family - Pastor Jonathan, Jennifer, Whitley, and Elise - experience breakthrough in any area of life that is burdened or weary.
- Pray that they would grow in faith and discernment as they spend time in prayer and worship.
- Pray that they would enjoy time as a family during this sabbatical. Pray that the four of them would have deep connection, grow in love for one another, and have a whole lot of fun together!
June 2 - June 8: Their Congregation
(Hebrews 13:17, 1 Timothy 5:17-18, Romans 13:1-7)
- Pray that we as a congregation would be our Pastor’s prayer support and encouragement in every season.
- Pray that we as a congregation hold up the hands of our pastor in the manner in which we see Aaron and Hur hold up Moses’ hands in the battle. (Exodus 17:12-14)
- Pray that we as a congregation would refuse to gossip or speak in a manner that does not please the Lord about Pastor Jonathan or his family.
- Pray that Lord will prepare our hearts for what He is birthing in the heart of Pastor Jonathan while he is away on sabbatical. Pray that we would be ready to walk forward into a new season!
- Whether it be in new plans for our church or a renewed passion for what is already in place, pray that we embrace God’s heart for Bella Vista and our role in fulfilling what He asks of us.
June 9 - June 15: A Fresh Vision for Their Future
(Proverbs 29:18, Habakkuk 2:2-3, 2 Chronicles 7:14, Isaiah 61:1-3, Acts 2)
- Pray against any fear or confusion regarding the future. Pray that Pastor Jonathan receive courage and strength for the days ahead.
- Pray that Pastor Jonathan’s faith would increase and surpass anything he’s experienced up to this point. Pray that our pastor, his family, and all of us would come to the Throne of God with expectation and full faith that He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we could ask or think! (Ephesians 3:20-21)
- Pray that Pastor Jonathan, Jennifer, Whitley, and Elise experience true unity and be able to clearly think with the mind of Christ as He leads them. Pray for clear revelation from the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for a fresh anointing on Pastor Jonathan, that he will preach with new boldness being led by the Holy Spirit and with the full authority of scripture.
- Pray for a heart of revival in our pastor, our staff, our volunteer leaders, and in every believer that attends BVAG. May our hearts be fixed on Jesus and our spirits ready to say YES to all that He has for us.